Thursday, June 5, 2014

Yes, you can go back and add more quilting to the quilt!

My quilt, Spot On, featured in the March/April Quiltmaker, was put together, quilted, and bound very quickly - in one week due a delay in the fabric from the manufacturer.  I've always thought it needed a bit more quilting around the "spots" to get them to pop more and to emphasize the star design I quilted around them.

Here's the area I'm talking about, the star stitching is there but not saying much. So... back on the machine it goes for the addition of microstippling around the stars to give them some depth.




Looking much better now, don't you think? I just have to do the stitching in chunks of time as 15 years of longarming has taken its toll on my wrists.
 



I'll post a pix of it all done before I pack it to go to the Vermont Quilt Festival next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment